Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Side table

My second project was a side table I bought in a boot sale, it has two practical drawers and is the ideal piece that fits everywhere in the house.
I fell in love with it immediately, dark and boring as it looks....because I always had in mind to paint it!
This time I used Paris Grey as a first coat and then Cream...
I wanted to use dark wax but was a bit shy I have to admit, probably because I didn't want to ruin the table!....and what happened was, I gave it a coat of clear wax first, then I sanded by hand, after that I applied another coat of clear wax followed by a diluted dark wax that I was removing with a cloth before it dried....

The result was different than what I expected but I likeed it.
Before and after...


Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment