Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Blue and white corner display cabinet

I found this corner unit on Ebay and it was a real bargain, I'm surprise nobody else put a bid....maybe because it was meant to be mine! ha!. The front is oak and the side panels are made of a light wood, which makes it very easy to move around.
I love the wavy sides of the shelves and the two small pillars on the top one.
It was sooooo dark and depressing to look at....oh dear....so there I went to the rescue! yay! when I collected it my hands were itching to grab brushes to start painting straight away. The couple I bought it from, could not believe how much I loved this piece of furniture it nearly went to the tip!! can you believe it?, they thought nobody would like it....how wrong they were!.

I knew exactly how I wanted to paint it...blue and white.

I used Annie Sloan's Old white for the outside and Louis Blue for the inside except the cupboard inside which is white. I waxed it, distressed it and waxed it again.

And voilá!, It looks really nice, it uplifts the space beautifully. My husband wanted to keep it....but I'm sorry...its SOLD!.

Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment