Friday, February 24, 2012

Rustic chalkboards!

It's been some time since the last post, I know....I have been very busy and the weather wasn't ideal to paint either...
But I'm back and I'm very excited with my latest project :-)
I bought 8 kitchen cupboard doors on Ebay....solid oak!.

I immediately knew what I wanted to do with them...

Chalkboards!...oh yes!....the shape and surface was ideal for this.
I used a long door (72 x 40cms) to make a week planner, it really looks fabulous, I used Annie Sloan paint; Original and Aubusson Blue. The days were written using acrylic paint.




Then I took another door (56 x 50cms) and made a simpler chalkboard. I also used AS paint, a light Aubusson blue, then a coat of Original.


Any kitchen would look gorgeous with one of these... actually, any room in the house can benefit from a playful chalkboard :-)
x

Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment